Week 2 - The Characteristics of Living Things

 Blog Post 1:

This week in Elementary Science Methods we learned the characteristics of living things.

In class, we went over the 8 characteristics: cellular composition, maintaining homeostasis, growth &

change, movement, response to stimuli, reproduction, metabolism, and genetics & heredity. This is

the group poster that helped us review and learn the 8 characteristics. 

   As a future teacher, I can apply many of the teaching techniques in my own classroom.
For example, explaining a new topic in different ways, one by me and another through a

video for those students who need more of a visual learner. Also having them review what

they learned through a creative group project. This is something I personally had fun with

and even got to get to know my classmates more. 


   I was able to relate this to my elementary science classes. We were able to grow some flowers

during our until which we later got to take home. It has been a long time since then which made

this a great review for me and gave me great ideas to use later with my students.


Comments

  1. Hi Olga! I love the poster you created and how colorful it is! I think it's awesome that you remember the seed growth from when you were in elementary grades and how you can use them in your future classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Olga! It is important to include materials that help with different types of learners, which you mentioned in your post! It is essential to allow all your different kinds of learners to succeed. Great job, Olga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olga! I love the anchor chart that you made, it is very detailed and looks very good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9

Week 13

Week 8