Week 3 - The Life Cycle
This week we talked about different life cycles and got to plant some seeds!
We learned about many different animal cycles like butterflies and mealworms. With a partner, we got to create our life cycle and we chose a turtle. The four stages are egg to hatching to juvenile to adult. We also got to plant some fast seeds and get to see them grow for the next 40 days. When it came to planting the seeds the instructions were clear and it helped that they were also on the board. One thing that confused me at the beginning was how to place dirt into the indicated space without all the dirt falling through it. After some trial and error, my parents and I got it to stay and continued like normal. Overall I am excited to see how much our plants have grown.


Hi Olga! I love your model of a turtle's life cycle! You did a great job showing how each stage is unique and important in the turtle's development. I also had some confusion about planting the fast plants but we were able to finish it. I'm also excited to see how the plants grow. Good job!
ReplyDeleteOlga,
ReplyDeleteYour explanation of what we did in class this week was fantastic. Your featured work from class is really creative and does great job at tying in to what you talk about in your blog post which gives insight to our lab. I am excited to see what else you take away and create during this class!
Hello Olga! Great post! I enjoy seeing your pictures of the classroom work. Your turtle's life cycle is amazing! That is a super clear and easy way to understand the life cycle of a turtle. I also mentioned the plant activity and how excited I am to watch them grow!
ReplyDeleteHi Olga!
ReplyDeleteI really love your post this week and the life cycle of a turtle was done very well! I also was a little worried about planting the seeds!