Week 5: Ecology and Food Chains
My Groups Food Web
Questions:
What did you learn this week?
I learned that Wales hunt in groups well using a hunting skill called bubble net fishing. Which is a curtain of bubbles made on purpose to trap the fish in one area.
Looks like this:
Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?
I already knew how to do a food web but I didn't know that only 10% of energy is taken. No matter what level of the food chain you are, you still can only gain 10% of energy.
What questions do I still have?
For the 5 NGSS Unit Development assignment, can we get some more explanation and a completed example? There are some elements that I still don't understand and think it would be helpful to see a completed one.
Update:
All of the plants are growing compared to last week. Not all of the plants are at the same stage but it is amazing to see the growth.

Hi Olga!
ReplyDeleteI really like the picture you found to explain bubble net fishing. I think that would be a great visual if you were to teach bubble net fishing to your students in the future. I also knew how to do a food chain before, but I also never knew that no matter what level of the food chain you are on you can only gain 10% of energy. I wonder why they never taught us that in school?
Hi Olga!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your blog post. I didn't know what bubble net fishing was until your post. It is super interesting to think of all the different ways sea animals hunt their prey. I agree with your confusion for this week. I would love to know more about the 5 NGSS Unit Development assignment.
Hi Olga!
ReplyDeleteI also really enjoyed learning about bubble net fishing! I thought it was interesting how they worked as a team and used the bubbles to trap the fish in one area so they were able to catch them.
Hi Olga, I also did not know that 10% of energy is taken in a food web. I found it interesting that no matter what level in the food chain that you are that you can only gain the 10%.
ReplyDeleteHi Olga! I loved your explanation of bubble net fishing and I think it is very interesting way to catch fish! You did a great job!
ReplyDelete