Week 6

Week 6

What I learned this week?

I learned so much about turtles this week, one being that only one in 1,000 survive to adulthood. We discussed some threats to sea turtles, as well as some things that can help increase their chances of survival. Another fact is that it takes them three days from the moment they hatch to the moment they get into the ocean. They also return to the same beach where they were born to lay eggs. 


How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

I learned how to keep students active in the learning of a new topic. For example, the activity where our goal was to survive the most rounds to "make it to the sea" was fun, and having the ocean sound in the background made it even better. Students learn more when they are more hands-on and having activities like this will always keep students engaged. 

 

Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

I had some information about sea turtles but this was more depth information. I knew that sea turtles go to the same beach to lay eggs but I didn't know the low survival rate they had. I also did my Play-Doh life cycle on turtles so I already knew the life stages of a turtle. 



   


Update: My plant has been slowly growing, and has some yellow. When compared to other groups flowers ours is a little small but it is a fighter. 





Comments

  1. Hi Olga! All of the facts that we learned about turtles this week were very interesting and also sad. I think the activity we did can be a good one for kids to see the little things they can do to help decrease the negative human factors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olga! I also learned a lot about turtles that I didn't know before! I love all of your pictures and thought you did a very nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9

Week 13

Week 8