Week 7

 Week 7



What I learned this week?

We learned about DNA and genes, we learned about DNA strands and how they connect together, and all of the different elements along with that. The nucleotides are the building blocks of DNA and RNA. 


How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

We learned different activities on how to teach DNA for example the candy model. We created a double helix with Twizzlers, Dots, and toothpicks. We used the red Dots as A and green Dots for T, orange for C, and yellow for G. Once completed we twisted the model to show an accurate visual of the double helix. We also created a child based on flipping a coin to determine their traits. The picture below is the child that my table partner and I created. His name is Danny! 




Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

I remember learning DNA in high school, we used lots of videos and websites. I was able to apply that knowledge but I learned how you can incorporate hands activities.



 



  
 

Update on our fast plant: The plant has now bloomed and is growing tall. We were now able to 











Comments

  1. Hi Olga!
    Your DNA model looks really good! My partner and I didn't have that much bend to our DNA structure, so great job! We also pollinated our flowers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olga, I also talked about the fun activities we did this week in lab. I think both activities are great ones to use in our classrooms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9

Week 13

Week 8