Week 10: Natural Selection

 Week 10: Natural Selection

March 27, 2027


Preying on Beans Materials


1) What did you learn this week?

This week in lab we learned more about natural selection which is the process by which certain traits become more or less common in a population over time. The causes for it are mutation, adaptation, competition, and other environmental factors.  


2) Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

In my environmental science class, we did talk about natural selection. They used examples like butterflies, insects, and birds. Here are some examples that were given in class.





3) Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing? 

The instructions for the bean activity were fun and easy to follow but it is confusing how this relates to natural selection. I think there needs to be an explanation about how this relates more clearly either before or after the activity. 





Comments

  1. Thank you for your post! I wasn't able to attend lab this week, and your write up helped me to understand what I missed. I think I'll be able to relate to the information about natural selection also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9

Week 13

Week 8